For the past year, I have been trying to sort out my health. I had been losing my hair since my youngest daughter was born. Well for a little while after she was born, I expected that but for years?! Not normal. I have had a bunch of lab work done in the last year. Today, while doing another blood test to see if my thyroid dose has been worked out, I had my kiddos with me. We went as soon as they opened and had to sit there for about an hour. Another lady who had been there as long as I had, praised my kids for being so well behaved. She said she was a 2nd grade teacher and didn't think kids knew how to whisper any more, lol. Granted, I was prepared, the kids had their kindles which gave them something quiet to do while waiting with me. They were awesome! I thanked the woman and made sure to praise the kids again after we left for doing such a good job waiting.
I am hoping to sort out this thyroid thing and get some of my hair back. Even if that is not the way it works, I will be glad to be feeling better. As a mother, you don't even realize how much you put your own health on the back burner. You have all these littles to care for and it just naturally comes to taking care of them first. As I have learned more about how certain things affect your health and how one thing being out of balance can affect so many other things. For example, I have always been anemic, mostly when pregnant and always had to take iron supplements during that time. It turns out if you have chronically low iron, it can cause heart palpitations. Never knew that before.
Bottom line, it is hard being a mom sometimes and it should not have taken me so long to sort out my own health. Now that I am getting it on track, I am hoping to find good physicians in our new town that will be helpful and not thwart the progress I have made this last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment