Thursday, November 17, 2016

My what a couple of years it's been

Hello Again Blogging World,
    After a couple of years off it is time to get back into it.  It was cathartic for me to write about what my family had been doing but when I stopped it was for a pretty significant reason.  My great grandfather had passed away and my sister and I took my kids to the funeral in Northern California.  When I came back, I think I was reminded how our time on this Earth is limited and maybe felt that no one really cares about what I'm writing so why continue doing it.  What probably would have been better is if I stuck with it...pushing through emotions and continuing to document life.  I have plenty of pictures of the last 2 years, don't worry I think it would be silly to backtrack, but I probably missed out on telling those stories.  I haven't kept a physical journal in years and in a way this has been my journal, so it is time to get back to it.
    I want to start by sharing a Spiritual experience I was able to have with my son last Sunday November 6th.  The children in Primary were practicing the song they will be singing this coming Sunday for Thanksgiving.  As I popped in to see how it was going, I noticed my son in the back with his class, looking visibly upset and teary eyed.  I thought one of the boys in his class had said something that upset him and he was trying to keep it together.  So I had him step outside and asked him what was wrong.  He couldn't put into words why he was crying.  What I could understand was that it had to do with the song.  *Something that does need to be mentioned is that he was recently baptized*  Once I got that it had to do with the song, I determined that it must be his first experience with the Holy Ghost and I needed to help him recognize what was happening.  We had a nice talk about the Holy Ghost testifying to him about the words in the song and truthfulness of it.  We shared a hug and after a cool drink of water, he was able to collect himself and go back in.  That was a special experience for me, to be able to help him recognize the testimony of the Spirit.  What impressed me even more, was after church, his class teacher came up to me and told me that he shared that experience in his class and how impressed she was.  It was definitely a proud mom moment. 
     I should give a little run down on how everyone is doing.  Our oldest is 10 now and along with growing physically, she is becoming a preteen.  Attitude and everything, however she is a straight A student and tall and beautiful, so I can't get too upset with the attitude just yet.  You just read about our newly baptized oldest son.  He is a good kid, struggles a little with math(like his mom)but excels in reading and is ahead of his class.  He likes being active and loves Cub Scouts!  We just went to our first Pow Wow and had a blast throwing knives, doing archery and BB guns.  Our second son just turned 6 and is also doing well in school.  He is very ahead in his kindergarten class and is often at the top of his class in behavior.  He is a good helper and we found out at parent/teacher conferences his attitude/behavior at home is not what he displays in class.  At home he is free to run around and get in trouble, kind of a wild child, lol.  At school, he controls himself and his very helpful to his teacher.  He is quite the character and we are glad he can reign it in at school.  Our youngest is a challenge.  At home she is rambunctious and sassy and adorable.  At preschool she is still adorable but she is also extremely shy.  It has taken her a a few months to finally be comfortable in her new class.  She likes the school and attended there last year but it was a new teacher and new routine and she had a hard time making friends.  She has found a couple of girls in her class that she gets along with and is feeling more comfortable.
   My husband has been working as an assistant store manager for the last 3 years at one of the biggest grocery stores in our state.  He is over merchandising and is great at it.  He is also a great manager, often talking to people about the root of a problem and working with them to find a solution versus getting angry and being judgmental like some managers can be.  He is also our Ward Mission Leader and has a good team around him. We have had quite a few baptisms in the last couple of months.  I am the 2nd Counselor in Primary, the Cub Scout Committee Chair and PTO President at the kids school.  I very much enjoy my volunteer work. Sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming trying to keep track of everything, I use my calendar on my phone a lot! 
    Overall, life is good, we are making memories and friends and thankful for each day that we are on this Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! I am just updating my blog for our yearly books! It is amazing how difficult it can be to keep up on it all, yet how rewarding it is when we do (if that made sense :)). I loved reading the fun stories! We miss you guys and your sweet kiddos! They are all growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete