Friday, May 24, 2013

She’s Finally Here!!!

 

Our Littlest Princess has joined the family!  It has been a whirlwind month, let me tell you.  It started with a typical appointment about 3 weeks ago.  In discussing things with my doctor, he asked me to remind him of the c-section date that had been set up for me by his office.  When I told him it was set for the 20th, he informed me that it couldn’t be right.  In asking why, he said based on the ultrasounds, she was due around May 22nd.  Being a definite c-section, it would need to be close to a week prior to the due date to ensure that there was a less likely chance of me going into labor on my own.  He was perfectly fine with us leaving the date, however, my doctor wasn’t on-call that weekend, so if I did go into labor it would be someone else doing my c-section.  Not ideal, so we did some freaking out, discussing and frantically contacted the family we had already lined up to watch the other kids on the 20th and went about changing the date.  The hospital was able to get us in on the 16th, so once we knew that and had the care of the other children coordinated, we could breathe for about 2 minutes, haha! 

Since our timeline moved up, it became kind of surreal.  I kept feeling like I had all this time that I really didn’t have.  It was hard to wrap my head around.  I went into full prep mode and got the house as ready as I could so it wouldn’t be too hard to maintain during my down time.  When the day finally arrived I was nervous and excited at the same time.  There is no real labor story or anything.  When we got there and got all hooked up, I was having more contractions than I had  been having all month, so we were very glad we got in sooner rather than waiting.  The doctor did want to move the time up by an hour because everyone else was ready except the anesthesiologist and we couldn’t do it without him. So, right on time we went into the operating room and they got started.  She was pretty stuck in my pelvic bone, though, they had to use the vacuum to help her out.  The positive to that is she wasn’t wrapped in her umbilical cord like her other siblings, thank goodness!

Once she was out and I heard her cry, I cried, as I have with all the others.  That first cry just makes you so happy and not being able to see her right away because of the sheet up in front of me, hearing her let me know she was ok.  They got her wrapped up and weighed.  She was 9lbs 6 oz and 21inches long.  Daddy got to hold her on my shoulder for me for a little bit before she went to the nursery.  They finished up with me and got me into recovery.  After I had been there about an hour or so, Daddy came to check on me.  He told me he got to feed her because she was super hungry.  Then he went and got her to bring to me.  We weren’t settled in our own room for another hour or so.

You never really sleep that well at a hospital.  We stayed until Sunday and by then, we had many visitors and lots of nurse checks and I just really needed some sleep. We were very happy to be home!  We are still figuring things out with her but she is a joy and so beautiful, just like her sister.  We are so happy to have completed our family.  We feel truly blessed to have her in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment