Friday, August 12, 2011

BIRTHDAY TIME

IMG_1669

It is Birthday time here again Smile My Buddy is 3 years old today.  I knew that was his nickname as soon as I saw him.  He was my double whammy.  We got home from the OB appointment freaking out because our doctor had just told us he had scheduled us to be induced for that night.  We mobilized the troops for caring for Princess and got ready to leave.  We checked in to the hospital Monday night. The summer Olympics were on and we watched the swimming most of the night. We labored through induction all night and then in the morning they broke my water.  We labored some more and harder until around noon.  I got the epidural and rested a bit.  By 3pm there had been no progress for 3 hours.  We knew then based on what our doctor had said, that we would probably need a c-section.  By 7pm he was still chillin in my tummy but that was 24 hours from our check-in and he couldn’t stay anymore. He was out by 7:36pm.  I was so happy to have our son.  He is just like Daddy.  He can be a tough guy when he needs to but he can also be very sensitive. He is such a sweet boy and I am so blessed that he is my son.  I am also lucky that I got to give him the blessing of being a big brother.  He makes sure everyone knows that Bruiser is his little brother and that he loves him.  He is smart and doesn’t know his own strength sometimes.  He is an amazing kid and I hope I do right by him.  My oldest son, I love you dearly and wish you the happiest 3rd birthday!  Love-Your Mom

DSCF1603

No comments:

Post a Comment