Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Letter to my Husband



My Dearest Husband,
    Of the few short years we have been together we have learned a lot about each other, our world, ourselves and the Gospel.  You have given me 3 beautiful children that I would willingly give my life for.  You have given me happiness that I could not imagine.  You have blessed me with your strength, compassion, friendship, understanding, patience, opinions, laughter and love.  As we have grown together to become a strong couple, we have had our share of indecision, disagreements, and frustrations.  As I look at our beautiful children, I pray that they get all our good qualities and none of our quirks, however, some are starting to show, haha.  I am grateful that you found me worthy of a temple marriage and that you wanted nothing less for us.  After some of the things we have been through, I am blessed to have our eternal marriage to solidify our family.  Having miscarried our first pregnancy, I wasn't sure how I would have gotten through that without knowing that one day we will be reunited with that child.  Going through this blessing of parenthood is challenging and some days are worse than others, but I am glad to be going through this with you.  I am so glad to have been able to have your children.  I am grateful that for the most part, (except when they are getting in trouble), our children are happy.  It melts my heart to see them playing with you and so happy when you come home from work.  I am blessed for the amazing things you know and know how to do.  You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and fix things around the house, or the car.  It makes me happy to see you loving your children and allowing them to climb all over you as their own personal jumping gym, even when you are tired and sore.  I am thankful that you have a good job that is giving you the opportunities to complete your education and to move into higher positions.  I am thankful that you went on a mission and have the experiences to relay to our children to instill in them the desire to go on a mission.  Some people may think that we have gone about things the hard way, I know that this was the best way for us.  I would never give up the experiences we have had in the last 6 years and I can't wait for the many more to come.  Most of all, I want to thank you for your unconditional love. You have allowed me to work things out personally, have been my sounding board when I am trying to figure out my feelings and have been there to get me through some emotional ups and downs.  I have been so lucky that you stuck with me and chose me to be your eternal companion. 
I  will love you forever and always and I hope that our children see that no matter what challenges may come our way, that we are never divided.  I just wanted you to know that as the last few months of my pregnancy has been difficult and I relied on you a lot to take care of the kids and I always fell asleep before you, that you were not forgotten.  That I would not be so blessed without you.  I LOVE YOU and cannot Thank You enough for all you have done to take care of me and our family.  I felt the few people who read this should know how wonderful you are and how blessed I have been.

~Forever Yours~

No comments:

Post a Comment