It has been a while since posting any pictures or stories, I have a newborn, we’ve been busy. Even now, I am typing this with one hand while holding the baby with the other. We have also all been sick recently. I got a head cold a week before my c-section date and almost had it postponed because they were afraid I would get pneumonia from laying around in the hospital. Then about 2 weeks after having our new son, the kids got a pink eye and were not allowed to touch their little brother, which they didn’t understand. Poor kids, they wanted to love on him so bad and Mommy kept telling them no. After the pink eye recovery, there was some sniffles and coughs which spread to Mommy and Daddy. Mommy still sounds pretty bad, has the sniffles and a cough. Daddy’s cold went up into his left ear and caused him a pretty nasty ear infection from which he still can’t hear out of it.
As we are all hoping to be fully recovered by the end of this coming week, we did take baby for his 3 week check up. We found out he was 10lbs 8 oz and 23 inches long. He is getting big and so far staying healthy. He is a great baby, fairly calm (unless hungry, stinky or needs to burp). It is funny when daddy says, “ I don’t know what’s wrong with the boy. he goes from 0 to hungry in point 6 seconds!” I replied, “There is nothing wring with him, he’s just Your son.” Implying, we have huge boys and they are always hungry!
He can sleep through most noise his siblings make. As with all my kids, he loves car rides. we haven’t taken a road-trip yet, that would be crazy, but he gets calm once the car starts moving. He has his father’s eyes and so far they are much bluer than the other kids. Seriously, my other kids eyes were so dark, there was no doubt they would have my brown eyes. So, I am praying his stay blue. His hair seems to be darker than the others, but that could be me remembering funny.
We had his blessing on the 7th of this month and it was nice to have family there to celebrate our son. Both of my sisters birthdays are this month and Thanksgiving. we are not sure yet what we are going to do with the holidays, it is our first time with such a little one. Our oldest son was already 3-4months old by now and we had a pretty good handle on his schedule and when was too much. With this one, we are still figuring him out and Mommy is still recovering as well. I am not yet off my lifting restrictions which makes things frustrating at times. So for us the holidays may have people visiting us versus us visiting people. I have spent all year waiting for my son to come, I don’t mind not driving around for the holidays this year. It will be an exciting holiday season nonetheless. We are grateful he’s here, we are grateful for our wonderful family and the blessings we enjoy. If I don’t update before Thanksgiving, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! We love you and are thinking of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment