Earlier this month my daughter was the student of the week at preschool. She was a little embarassed that I wanted to take her picture, but she loved doing her poster. After I printed out her pictures, she helped me glue them on. She is getting so big and figuring out her attitude. Let's just say Mommy is beginning to see a mini-me and is a little worried.
Playing around with Daddy. He is a great jungle gym. They both figured out how to climb onto his shoulders while he is sitting down.
New pajamas, they both needed something with shorts. It's time to weed out the winter clothes, I guess.
A tattoo out of a cereal box. It was fun to have on for a little while, but we had to wash it off the next night during her bath because church was the following day.
Sunday morning last week. I found the shirt with the tie for my son and he kept it on the whole 3 hours without even trying to take it off. He liked it!
There is a little story with this one. My son had been in his convertible crib for a while. We converted it to a toddler bed after he figured out how to climb over the side around Christmas.
My son, has been the worst sleeper. I am praying number 3 is much better. I don't know why, but every other night between 1-2am he will wake up and being tired myself, I would just let him come to bed with my husband and I because it would only be a couple more hours before my husband has to get up for work anyways, so I thought no big deal.
Lately it has gotten really bad, where the last couple of weeks it was every night. It seemed he would only go to bed and stay in bed when Daddy put him to bed, where as it takes me an hour to get him to stay in bed. One morning my husband said something about my son knowing that I will let him sleep in the "big bed." For some reason that was my clue-in...a "big bed." We inherited my sisters twin bed and that became my daughter's bed set, but before that we had gotten a nice twin mattress from my husband's aunt and it was being stored in a room. So, that day, I decided enough was enough, there is no way I am having two of them up at 2am every night once baby number 3 comes along. I took the kids to the store and had him pick out some sheets he liked. I took apart the crib and put the twin bed up. There is a side rail I added after I took the picture. Now it still takes me longer than my husband to put him to bed but last night he stayed asleep the entire night. So, I am praying that he does it again.
My daughter has also been sick for the last week, we kept her out of preschool and finally took her to the doctor when she wasn't getting better after a week of tylenol and rest. We found out she might have strep. It took her so long to open her mouth for the pediatrician to check her throat which was really red and irritated that they decided not to do a culture and just give her some antibiotics. She seems to be doing better. Thank goodness she has spring break this week to give her more time to recover.
My son was being hilarious and loved his overall shorts so much that even after we put his pajamas on him, he put them on all by himself and was very proud of it. He can now say his sister's nickname pretty well and his own name. He is growing up so much, and so much fun! They play together so well and can be super sweet to each other. One morning, when his sister came out of her room, he went up to her, said her name and gave her a big hug. He is so lovable!
Baby number 3 is doing well. We are 11weeks and a lot more to go. We are excited and I am still super tired. I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks when I move into the 2nd trimester that I will get burst of energy to get through the getting bigger part of the pregnancy. A friend of mine donated all her old maternity clothes to me which is great because some of my stuff isn't that great. My husband is working hard at taking care of all of us and I can't believe March is already over. I have to get stuff for Easter this week. Sorry it was such a long post, that's what happens when I don't post anything in a month.
Your kids get cuter as they get bigger! I'm glad you are still doing good with the pregnancy! You're almost to the second trimester-WAHOO!!
ReplyDelete