Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I have posted anything.  It has been rather crazy and we have been trying to recover.  Overall, everyone is fine, including baby number 3.  For a while we were concerned a little at the beginning  because when I went in for my first doctor's appointment he told me at 5 weeks my uterus should basically feel empty.  Well, it felt bigger than empty I guess so he ordered an ultrasound.  It was too early to see anything, so it made me a little nervous.  He ordered some blood drawn and an ultrasound the following week.  The ultrasound tech said that sometimes because of how early, you can't see anything because the baby is basically right up against the uterine wall.  Anyways, ultrasound number 2 showed everything was fine.  I even got to see the heart beating at 125 bpm at 6 weeks.  So, I don't care what anyone says about the pro-life, pro-choice issue, at 6 weeks my baby's heart was beating, therefore it has rights, as far as I am concerned.  Sorry, I will get down from my soap box now.  I even got pictures of my little blueberry sized baby.


The kids are getting so big.  My daughter has recently shown her protection skills for her brother.  We played outside in the backyard yesterday.  My mother in law has 2 dogs and they are ok, but because my son is so little they kept trying to get in his face.  My daughter would stand in front of her brother and tell the dogs to "leave him alone!"  It was so cute.  She even tries to tell my husband and I to "leave him alone!" when he is throwing a fit and we are trying to calm him down.  She is going to be a good big sister.  They play so well together and just as equally have their disagreements.  I am glad my kids are going to be close in age, I want them all to at least be close while they are little, once they get older, it's out of my hands.  I am so lucky to be the mom of these two little kids and to be giving them another sibling.  I am blessed to have the husband that I do and how wonderful he is as a partner and father to them.  I look forward to at least one more after the third and then we'll see from there.


I almost forgot, I am now the Cub Scout Den Leader in our ward.  New calling that went suprisingly well last week despite my nervousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment