I just spent the last 45 minutes redirecting my 3yr old to bed. She used to go down pretty well once we finished her routine. Suddenly the last few nights she has decided that she needs to get up 20 times and have us put her back down before she will relent. I also think it has something to do with being afraid of the dark. She never had a problem before. She has a nightlight, but if we lost it she would still sleep no problem. As a resolve tonight, I left the door open a little bit, after the constant putting back to bed, I haven't heard a peep from her or seen her poke her head around the door yet. Oh the interesting things to come...
It just makes me sad to hear her all upset because she wants me to sit in there with her until she falls asleep, but she has never needed that before. So, I have to remain firm that it's bed time and there is no need for her to be up this late, yada, yada. So, I don't talk to her, I just put her back on her bed and leave the room, 50 bagillion times. She is a great girl and I tell her I love her all the time but it is the times where you have to be firm instead of give in so that they can learn, that kills me. I love my children but they sure challenge me on a daily basis and I am constantly learning how to be a better mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment