Sunday, October 11, 2009
Success!!!
My first completed sewing project. The skirt took me a couple of nights because that was the time I had without the kids where they wouldn't be around to try to play with the sewing machine. It is a full length skirt but the pattern is a multifunction pattern, so there are many different things I can do with it. My next project is a pattern that I picked up for my daughter with some really cute fabric I got for $1.50 a yd. It is a lot more involved so will probably take me a little longer. The fabric for my skirt was also $1.50 a yd. I went off a tip from my Mom that my first project should be with some material that I wouldn't care about so that if I goofed up it wasn't a big deal. I was happy that it turned out. My husband even commented on how well the seams were put together, he said that people won't even know that I made it myself. He loves me so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The skirt looks fabulous! Way to go for a first project!!! Especially one for you to wear (I still have several projects I started for me, but never finished). Keep up the great work... looking forward to seeing the project for your daughter!
ReplyDelete