My practice sewing project. It is a pillow case for my son's room. I picked the fabric up in the scrap bin for under $2. It was good to practice because I ended up having to fiddle with the thread tension and kind of stitch I wanted, meaning I ended up removing some of the thread like 3 times, things I didn't know much about until I had my Mom come over and help me with it. I am very excited. Now I think I will go on to something a little bigger. I'll keep you posted.
Yeah for first sewing projects! It's funny how simple things like tension and stitches make such a difference. It looks like a nice simple project to practice on! Way to go!
ReplyDelete- ps I love the new family photo! Too cute
I am just getting over my PHOBIA of the machine (and my inferiority complex, have you SEEN Sharla's stuff????) ---my "projects" consist entirely of cutting and hemming a pair of pants into shorts for one boy, and putting some patches onto 2 pairs of shorts for another. And yet I plan someday soon to make big beanbag chairs.... in my DREAMS!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and Joe look just as young and great as the ol' YSA days--beautiful family!