Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beautiful Arizona Weather

Every now and then Arizona has this wonderful weather between HOT and COLD. You have to be paying attention to realize when it is here and take full advantage of it while you can. A couple of weeks ago a friend asked me and the kids over to play with her kids. I didn't have the car that day and decided to set up the bike trailer that doubles as a double stroller. It was about a 2 mile walk round trip but it was well worth it. Both kids fit quite nicely and enjoyed being outside. Now, we have been taking walks pretty regularly to see the horses that live about a half mile up the road from us. They love going to see them and it gives me some great exercise. The whole walk is almost exactly a half hour. We are going to keep this up as long as possible. Once it gets too hot though, we will be taking swim lessons so that will count as our exercise and it will be refreshing too. So, that is what has been going on here.


This picture was taken after we got home from our friends house. Both kids fell asleep on the way home. I was trying to get the picture of them both sleeping but they woke up just as I got the camera. My daughter doesn't always have her arm on her brother either.
This was yesterday getting ready to go. I had just put him in and was waiting for my daughter. He was being so cute, I had to take a picture. That is his little sun hat I bought in preparation for swim lessons this summer. It has a strap that goes under his chin so it will stay on. Last year, I looked ridiculous but I burn so bad that I was in my swim suit with a sun hat, large button-up shirt of my husbands to cover me up some more and I was 7 months pregnant. Oh well, I was trying not to burn and I succeeded. So, we are enjoying Arizona's beautiful Spring for as long as it lasts, I hope you are too.



P.S:
I can't figure out how I got some of it underlined and therefore can't figure out how to remove the underlining either. So, sorry for the funny look of the text. Someday I will get this figured out.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for walking... I think we are on the same wavelength :). It is good exercize and it will be too hot all too soon there!
    My kids would love seeing horses! They get to see them when we pick up Grant from school (driving by), on our walks we get to pick wildflowers though :).

    ReplyDelete