So, today is the day my family gets together for a big lavish feast in commemoration of St. Patrick. Actually it's just a reason to get together and eat food we only cook once a year. I will post pictures later of my favorite stout cake. Yes, stout as in beer, however being LDS we altered the recipe and use Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider and it is fabulous! I have been cooking corned beef for 2 days now because we bought 2 you see. So, now they are cooked and ready to eat when we are. We also have homemade mashed potatoes. I say homemade because I mean, you wash, cut and boil the potato chunks and mash them by hand with the butter and milk. No fancy contraptions just good ole' fashioned workin from scratch. We also have spirited carrots made with the Apple Cider as well because it too calls for beer. Wow, do the Irish drink or what?! Occasionally the Irish soda bread gets made, but there just hasn't been that much time this year. I was lucky to be able to count on my sons napping schedule to get some of this stuff done.
Also because of my sons napping regularly, I finally feel like I am getting stuff done. My daughter will watch a movie during one of his naps and I am able to clean the kitchen quickly and keep it up during the week. The rest of his nap times either her and I are napping as well or it's mommy/daughter time where we play and work on letters/numbers/colors,etc. Anyways, enjoy your day, feast and be with family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment