My MIL and BIL left for Utah this morning and Joe carpooled with them to the airport. The kids and I got to go pick Joe up from work and head for a shopping trip to Arizona Mills. With two little ones it is not a trip we would normally make unless there is a good reason. So, off we went to walk around. We picked up a few things at the outlet stores there. We ended up spending almost 4 hours there and our kids were mighty tired by then.
Speaking of my kids, my son is such a big boy. He is feeling a lot better and is still not sleeping through the night. I am starting to think that he is not getting enough to eat during the day. He is still on a bottle but also on rice cereal and veggies. So, I am in the process of trying to figure out how much food to give my son before he goes to bed to warrant a full night's sleep. It seems that I am still getting used to having such a big boy. When he was born, I recall feeling like the whole first month in between feedings, he was just crying all the time. By his 2 month checkup he was 16 lbs. So he was getting what he needed just not enough of it to feel full. This is when I started to supplement nursing with bottle feedings. I couldn't keep up. He got too big too fast. So, now I am faced with trying to keep up and figure out how much cereal and veggies he needs during the day to be satisfied enough that he doesn't wake up twice in the middle of the night. So, tonight I gave him a full bowl of cereal with a small jar of sweet potatoes mixed in. About an hour later, I gave him just a small jar of squash and a full 8 oz bottle. I am hoping that I get at least 4 hours before he wakes up, or if I am really lucky I will get a full night, straight through. Anyways, that's what we have been up to today.
No comments:
Post a Comment