Today being Father's day, gave us a good thing to focus on at church. We had a lovely day, visited with some friends and got to celebrate my husband. We didn't focus too much on the good byes which was good. I was able to hug some special ladies from our ward family that I knew I wouldn't see later in the week before we leave. I did tear up a bit at my last Cub Scout Pack meeting, I have been the Committee Chair for the last 3 years and in the Primary overseeing Cub Scouts for 6 years.
I teared up a little tonight as we talked with my mother in law over dinner. She is an amazing woman, whom I have grown to love and cherish over the years. She has been a good source of strength and advice when we have needed it. I know this week is only going to get more emotional as we finish our packing and say our goodbyes to family and friends.
We are looking forward to the new adventures that await us. None of us have lived anywhere other than the Western United States so we look forward to a bit of a culture shock, lol. As a bonus we are buying our first home which has always been a family goal. I am hoping to do some more in depth family history while we are there. We don't know what the Lord has in store for us or how long we are going to be there, but it is definitely in His hands and we trust in Him.
Phoenix will always be home no matter where we are. It will be good to grow a little, make new memories and have new adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment