Thanksgiving was nice. We had dinner over at my Dad and Stepmom's house. It was relaxing and I didn't have to make the bulk of it. We just brought over a dessert, which was a big hit. Then, it finally got chilly and like clock work, I get a sinus infection. At least it is predictable, every time the seasons change because realistically we have 2 seasons in Arizona hot and cold, I get a sinus infection. This year was especially fun because I lost my voice for a couple of days. I had already started whispering a little because my throat was sore but then I full on lost my voice. Our youngest would mimic me and whisper back, well my ears were kinda plugged too so I had to tell her she needed to talk normal only Mommy had to whisper. She asked me why my voice was wiggly? Eventually it slowly came back and I went from no voice to sounding like a man, not fun! I know too much information but I also had the worst case of issue with mucus, I had to actually go get mucinex to clear it up because I was coughing so bad. Overall not a great couple of weeks after Thanksgiving. We did end up making our own holiday dinner the following week after I was feeling better. We were missing not having turkey and sides leftovers. It was so yummy!
We finished up the fundraiser at the elementary school, did I mention I am the PTO president? So it was kinda of crazy having to be at the school a little bit each day and try not to talk to anyone. It was a relief for it to be over but we did raise a good amount of money for the school. Our main focus is to help supplement the supplies in the teacher's classrooms.
Last night my husband had to work a night shift, which means I don't sleep very well. Then I had the younger two join me in the middle of the restless night, only to make it more restless. Our younger son ended up throwing up most of the night and into the morning. Our youngest daughter threw up maybe twice. I think it was something they ate, at least that is what I am hoping. Our daughter was able to eat dinner tonight but our son is still feeling kinda yucky, he may miss another school day. With it being so close to the holidays, they don't have much homework if any at all. They do have this neat program online where they can do their homework and the teacher can see their progress.
We are looking forward to this weekend. Part of the kids' Christmas present from my Dad and Stepmom is the North Pole experience in Williams, AZ. We get to ride a train and we have a cabin for overnight. It will be a nice little getaway, as long as all the kids are healthy. We were blessed that my husband was given the days off for it, we were a little worried we would have to go without him. We are very thankful for his good job, even though the hours vary by week, we have made it work and figured it out. As long as the kids are cared for and we occasionally get a date night, we are doing ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment