Sunday, November 11, 2012

Now that things are looking up...

I have been pretty absent from the blog world for a couple of months.  Things got really crazy and stressful so I figured if I waited it out, I could end with a good story.  In September my husband lost his job after 5 years at the same company.  That threw us for a loop and after we freaked out a bit, we tried to make a plan.  He started working really hard at finding a new job.  I even applied to places just in case.  Right around the same time we found out we were pregnant.

 Side note***The pregnancy was planned after much discussion with my doctor and many prayers.  We felt we were not done and there were some issues when Bruiser was born that led us to our initial decision to be done at 3.  When Bruiser was around 18 months, we felt I needed to talk to my doctor.  I needed a check up anyways and we had a discussion.  He had told us after Bruiser that if we chose to have one more that would be okay but that he would highly recommend no more after that, due to the complication (I'll spare you the details).  I had made an effort to get healthier and we made the plans.***

So in September we had quite the whirlwind of emotions.  We decided we needed to get out of town and have some fun with the kids while we still could because we weren't sure how long this would last.  At the beginning of October just before Bruisers birthday we took the family to Disneyland.  We had a blast and it was a nice distraction.  We came home a little more focused and determined.  My husband had many interviews which was very promising but they ended up not panning out in the end.  Bruiser had a wonderful 2nd birthday and then the kids couldn't wait for Halloween.  We had a vampire princess, the Incredible Hulk and a cute dalmatian puppy.  The ward party was fun and we all enjoyed trick or treating.  During all this, Mommy was feeling nauseous and exhausted, true to pregnancy form and still working on school.  Now, it's November and we have had many resolutions this week.  My husband got a job, I was able to go to the doctor and hear the baby's heartbeat and I got to walk in my graduation ceremony.  We have many things to be thankful for this Holiday season. Most of all, we are thankful for our family, the blessing of a new child, a new job and the strength from Heavenly Father to weather this trial.  We are thankful for those who supported us and helped us during our struggles and for the amazing friends we have made in our new ward.  I personally am thankful for my Husband and all the hard and frustrating work he has done in the past couple of months to get this job.  It wasn't easy and I will forever be grateful to him for doing everything he can to take care of our family.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. Life is full of challenges and I'm sure there will be more, true to the experience of being on earth :). I'm happy things have been resolving and that the little baby is doing well too!

    ReplyDelete