Monday, October 4, 2010

One last craft…

So in a fit of insanity and finding something to keep busy that is relatively low impact I decided to make the kids a goody bag for Halloween.  When I was little my great aunt (I think), or maybe my  grandmother made my brother and I a Halloween goody bag in the shape of a pumpkin.  I pulled our Halloween box out a week ago to start looking at stuff and took a hard look at said goody bag and I figured I could attempt to replicate it.  Somehow, I miscalculated ( not a stretch for me, math isn’t my strong suit), and ended up with a LOT of fabric left over.  So, the new baby gets a pumpkin bag too.  I might even have time, I doubt it, to make my daughter an orange skirt.  Anyways, I am excited, I finished one today, but my feet are very upset with me, let’s just say it is hard to find my ankles.  I made some minor changes to make it different from mine, but the kids are already claiming the one completed.  I have one last thing to add and that is their initials on their pumpkins, why do this, you might ask.  I remember every year when we would pull out our box of Halloween stuff my brother and I would constantly argue about which one was which.  I plan on avoiding this with my kids and just putting their initials on it.  But I need to put my foot up, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.  Here is the finished project.  IMG_0289  

Here is my very old one.IMG_0290

And my poor swollen feet.

IMG_0291

Just two more to do and I will be done.  I am so happy they turned out.

1 comment: