Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Family Fun before the little one comes...

Labor Day weekend was kinda quiet. We did take the kids to a park to play around a bit before it got too warm. We have been blessed with the weather starting to turn and the mornings have been nice. We also finally have the set day for delivery of our new baby, October 12th. We are excited it's all set and we have made the arrangements for our kids to be cared for while we are gone that day. The plan is that the day before which just happens to be Columbus Day, we are going to have another special family day, take the kids to a movie, somewhere fun for lunch and lots of pictures. There are a few things left to prepare and a month to do it in before the baby comes. Both kids are really cute about the baby thing. My son will come up to me and want to see the baby, he will pull up my shirt and rub my belly, and also tell me something about the baby out. I told him this morning, not yet, we still have a month. My daughter will come around every now and then and tell me she has a baby in her tummy too and she will stick her belly out. I know my daughter understands, but my son won't fully get it until I don't come home for bed for a week while I am recovering in the hospital and then bring the baby home. He is Mama's boy and I think there will be some initial jealousy but then he will get it and love on his baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment