Of course we haven't had any rain in AZ yet, but you will understand when I am finished what I meant. So, last year the AC on the house officially did nothing. Yesterday it was replaced. Which meant a long day for the kids because guys were on the roof and then had to come inside to install the new thermostat. So naps were pretty non existent and lunch was late. My daughter Monday night came down with a fever and still had it and a cough on Tuesday. So, after my husband got home from work, I got her in to see her pediatrician who confirmed that she has Strep. So, I took her home, got ready for the pack meeting, dropped off her prescription and went to the meeting. After the meeting I went back to the pharmacy and picked up her prescription. Yesterday, even after being on the antibiotics for 24hrs she was so miserable. Poor kid is still miserable and has missed her last full week of preschool for this year.
Along with the stress of getting the AC replaced, we had union AC guys show up and protest the company that we were using. Thankfully the head guy yesterday warned me about it because an hour into them working on the roof, the union people showed up with signs. There were only 8 of them, but it was weird. I feel bad for our neighbors. For the last year we have had the AC thing yesterday and a carport turned into a garage which meant big trucks and lots of noise too. At least painting the house doesn't cause much havoc, or I would feel bad about that a couple of weekends ago as well.
Well our first official school year with my daughter is about to end and it is kind of neat. She will be attending the same preschool next year, but none the less, it was still an adventure. Next week is our ultrasound for baby #3. The week after swim lessons begin and I am looking forward to spending some time in the pool with the kids. June is going to be busy too and I will be glad when it's over because then all I have are my kids birthdays, my daughter starts preschool again, I get huge beyond movement and then it's baby's time to join the family. I am sure there will be days where it feels like the hours can't go any slower, but it sounds like a whirlwind summer to me.
Now, time to get some things done between caring for the kids, yesterday nothing got accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment