It is getting hotter and it’s not just the baby in the oven…LOL. While I was in the first trimester and feeling blah and yuck, I relied a lot on being able to put a movie in for the kids and them being content for short periods of time without me. Now that my energy level is better and I don’t feel yuck, we have started a new schedule that I am hoping will allow the kids an easier transition to the new baby. Now the movie time is limited drastically and we are reading, practicing letters, numbers, shapes and colors. We are doing coloring or crafts, playtime and quiet time and clean up. I made a poster and found cute pictures to put beside each item. I outlined it with times as well, more for me then the kids but it is more of a guideline. Lately my son has been going in and out of misery with his 2yr molars trying to come in, so the last couple of weeks quiet time starts around 10am and by the time he wakes up Mommy at 1pm, lunch is late and kinda makes the rest of the day go by super fast. Before we know it Daddy’s home, a couple hours after that it’s clean up time, bath time and bed time. Overall, it has been going well and I am proud of myself for figuring out something productive to do for the summer so it’s not so boring and full of blah days. The kids love the pictures too, my daughter will tell me what time it is after we have done one thing just by looking at the picture. I did find an easel for cheap that the kids can use chalk to “color”. I tried to get them to color on paper on the other side but they were way too interested in the chalk.
Swim lessons are all signed up for and I am looking forward to being in a pool while pregnant. I had my daughter in swim lessons while I was pregnant with my son, but this will be my son’s first swim lessons, so we’ll see how he does. Cub scouts has kept me pretty busy, but it’s be fun.
We have been making improvements on the house again. With the help of some family members, we got the painting started on the outside. The front is almost done and then the back can take as long as necessary, but the colors are great and the garage finally looks like it belongs on the house. We have flowers in the flowerbed and some hedges to plant along the front main wall. Things are getting there.
Mother’s day was wonderful, I have a great family! My daughter got to sing in church with the rest of the kids for the first time. It was so neat. She is getting so big. My son is getting bigger too and he is copying everything his big sister does. He is also very much and mama’s boy and I am a little more concerned about how he is going to handle the new baby. I am hoping he will be excited because my daughter will be . Sorry the update has been a while coming. I promise I will do better this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment