Friday, December 18, 2009

Control Issues

This isn't the type of post I usually write, but things have been bugging me lately and I thought I would just vent a little. 
While growing up I had issues with control.  If I couldn't control something I would freak out.  It took a lot of learning but by the time I was married, I knew enough about myself and this controlling thing that I knew I never wanted to control my husband and wanted him to tell me when I was doing so, so that I could correct myself.  In my learning I came to understand that the more you try to control something, in reality-the less control you really have.  Now I don't pay as much attention to political chatter as my husband does, but I keep up on it enough to have an intelligent conversation.  In my personal opinion with the way things are trying to be controlled, it is going to be a hard, unexpected slap in the face to Mr. President when he realizes how little control, if any, he really has. For example the World Climate Summit or whatever it was called, that was going on in Copenhagen this week has ended with no resolve having been made.  So what exactly was the point of 2-3 private jets full of members of our House of Representatives doing going over there?  Did they really think it would make a difference?  Why is mankind trying to control the weather and the movement of the tectonic plates?  The world was created with it's own set of instructions.  The tectonic plates are supposed to move!  We are supposed to inhale oxygen and convert it to CO2!  If some organization comes out and starts telling me how many times I am allowed to breathe, I am going to flip a lid!  It sounds ridiculous, but that is how I feel a lot of things lately sound, Ridiculous!

In pushing this health care bill, someone said on the radio the other day that somehow we have been brainwashed into thinking that the only people that can provide us with healthcare is our employers.  Wrong!  We haven't been brainwashed, we got LAZY!  I know I hate shopping around for insurance, but every couple of years my husband and I look around for car insurance to see if there is a better deal out there and sometimes there isn't, but if you don't look, how would you know?  If the need arose, I would look for private health insurance, but it has been easier to go with the provider through my husband's employer.  I too am guilty of being lazy.  I haven't paid much attention to politics and the things that make our country what it is and now I am paying for it.  A lot of this stuff scares me!  There is no reason to be worrying about global warming, if you reads what the top scientists not paid by people like Al Gore have said, it is a minimal thing.  The overall temperature of the earth is up by 1%.   They were worried about global cooling and another Ice Age in the 1970's.  Come on people!  And how does spending more money help with anything?  Spending what you don't have just gets you into trouble.  Hilary Clinton was talking in Copenhagen about the US being prepared to attribute billions of dollars by 2015 or something to this issue.  WHAT!?  Where is that going to come from and why isn't it being given to those who need it because they lost their jobs because of this mess? 

I know the hard working people of this great nation will overcome and survive whatever happens, but it will be difficult.  The people we elected who are supposed to represent us, are not afraid of us. They are not afraid that they won't be re-elected to their cushy jobs in Washington.  2/3 of us don't want the health care bill.  We don't care about global warming because it is mostly hysteria.  We want a solid ground to stand on, a job to provide for our families, doctors who will do what's necessary to keep us healthy, food, clothes, a home, and peace of mind.  Mr. President, why aren't you listening to the people who elected you?  You are pulling the rug out from under us, instead of making our ground a safer place to stand.

I know this was political, but everything written is of my personal opinion and grossly summarized based on what I have heard/read.  Please don't take any of this as hard facts, just my personal venting.  My family is my livelihood and the world around is getting scarier.

1 comment:

  1. I think about this stuff too, but usually my husband and I just banter back and forth about the downfall of our society....Maybe it's because I have no control either. I'm a control freak too, so I've been going nuts as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete