Christmas lots of fun this year. My daughter started getting into Santa this year and because she gets excited about stuff, our son gets excited too. We spent Christmas Eve with my Sisters, my Dad and his Girlfriends family. We had tamales, tacos, and lots of yummy goodies for dessert.
The kids made quite an impressive haul over the Christmas weekend. We went over to visit my Mom and her boyfriend on Christmas morning after we had breakfast. Our kids get up so early that we were done opening presents by 7am, the kids were up at 5:30am as per their usual time. I finally succeeded in surprising Daddy for Christmas! He still surprised me and always does, but I have been trying for our entire marriage to get him something that he would not have expected.
The rest of Christmas was kinda nutty, we got dinner ready by about 1pm and then my husband’s family started to arrive to do the gift exchange and it was crazy cousin madness for a couple of hours. The kids were good and tired when it was bedtime.
Another exciting thing happened on Christmas Day, our son decided that he was big enough to get out of his crib all by himself. What had happened was that after we got back from visiting my mom that morning I figured it would be a good time to try to get the kids a nap. Towards the end of the nap I heard a very little crash of toys, since my daughter is 3, it is more of a “rest/quiet” time than nap (but if she takes a nap it’s good for me.) So, I thought the crash was my daughter playing with her toys and not being so quiet. I heard my son kinda crying because he was awake and when I went in to get him, there he was, standing on the floor OUTSIDE of his crib! I immediately felt bad for ignoring the crash because it was obviously him and started checking his head and chin for bruises or bumps. He was fine. The next day after his nap, I went to get him and had my husband come with me and we watched my son throw his leg over the side of the bed and hoist his body up and get over. Once he showed me that , I helped him down the rest of the way and we knew we had to make his bed into a toddler bed. His crib is the transition kind, who’s aren’t nowadays. So, it was really easy and had to be done. The aftermath is the not easy part, getting my 16month old to understand that you have to stay in your toddler bed just like you did in your crib when it’s bedtime. It has been so much fun(sarcastically). I just thought that I would have a couple more months with him because he hadn’t tried to climb out yet, oh well.
I hope you all had a great Christmas as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment