Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What a Weekend!

So, it's been a week since I last posted.  Let's see, first I got a head cold and my daughter started getting a little runny nose and then my son got a runny nose too.  I just found today that my son cut a molar so I think his runny nose was initially from that, and then turned into a cold because he still has a little cough and you can feel it in his chest, poor guy.  Saturday night we ended up in the ER with my daughter for 4 hrs.  She had been complaining about her stomach hurting and she was very specific that it was on her right side (appendix area).  So, we watched her for a while and then when she didn't want to walk and stood up hunched over we knew something wasn't right, so we took her in.  Luckily it turned out to be just a urinary tract infection but that is WAY better than appendicitis which is what we were worried it was. 

That morning we got new family pictures done and new pictures of the kids.  The kids did great and  my daughter did so much better than last year,  I think it helped that her brother was laughing easily at the photographer and it put her at ease.  She gets a little shy with new people, especially if they are trying to tell her to do something. She wasn't as compliant last year to laugh at anything to get a good smile for the pictures. 

Sunday we tried to get some rest, my daughter especially.  She had to have an IV for the time in the ER so they could do blood tests and give her some antibiotics before we were discharged.  My husband ended up having to teach his first Sunday school lesson as a teacher without any support because I was home with the kids.  Not that he needed my support, but he is such a natural teacher, I like to watch him do it, it amazes me.  He is also 5 weeks away from his Bachelor's Degree!!! We are SO Excited!  Once he is finished with that, he will be going on to his Master's in Secondary Education specializing in History.   Only 2 more years and he will be able to do what he loves.  I am doing what I love and finding new avenues in it.  Last week my Mom came over with my Sister and we had dinner and afterwards we examined my sewing machine and she taught me some basics I never picked up on.  Now I just need to do a starter/practice project.  The goal is to get good enough to sew my 3yr old daughter, 3yr old style dresses instead of the size 6 dresses we end up buying her because she is so tall.  The other problem with the size 5-6 dresses is that they are wider and sometimes she is swimming in them.  I want her to be able to look her age in cute dresses with teddy bears on them or flowers, etc. Not Hannah Montana and the like that I have to weed through to find something appropriate for her.  So wish me luck, it will be a couple weeks before I can get started but I am excited.


Next weekend, we are having a much needed, albeit short vacation.  We are going up to Salt Lake for my niece's baptism.  The other reason is  because we haven't been able to get together with my husband's older brother and family for over a year.  The last time we planned to go up there, my husband had a huge presentation in school that week that he couldn't miss.  We had to cancel and felt horrible.  So, we still have to be back on Sunday night for work on Monday, but we are going.  You see, because we had to cancel the last time, other than my crazy trip with my sister and 6 month old son to San Diego for a weekend in February, we haven't gone anywhere as a family and definitely need a get-away.  We will be getting ready for that, so sewing has to wait..  Anyways, that is enough of our boring, everyday, busy, hectic life.  I love that I have things to do.  I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the cooling temps that have set into the valley.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the sewing...i think its fun to sew dresses for your daughter...They just seem cuter afterwards. Hint: Check out thrift stores for patterns. Sometimes I can't find anything I really like in the catalogs, but at the thrift stores, you get ones that have been "retired" and they are like 50 cents! I have one patterned I've used 3 times (so far) and it got it at good will for 25cents. Can't wait to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you ended up in the ER, but so glad it wasn't worse!
    What Sunday School class is Joe teaching? Yea! Only 2 more years of school... sounds funny, but it's not that long :). We are getting closer to 1 year over here!
    I'm glad you're enjoying your job and that it is keeping you busy - in good ways more than the crazy ways.
    I'm excited that you are starting to sew (well after the trip). I'm excited to see what you make! Amalia will love it and it will make it more motivating to keep you sewing - at least that's the way Sandra is :).

    ReplyDelete