Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tonto Natural Bridge

So, I finally loaded a fraction of the pictures taken on this excursion. Of course they are all out of order, so I will describe them as I go. The first one is of my daughter with her play cell phone (which I didn't even know was in her pocket by the way) taking pictures of us at the observation deck of the Natural Bridge. She spoke as follows: "Say Cheese!" To which we all would say "Cheese!" then she would say. "That's cute." She did very well and had lots of fun. As the adults were taking a break before the hike out, she was jumping around on the observation deck. This was also after her hike with Daddy over the rocks and into the cavern under the bridge. My little ball of energy.
The little light spot in the middle of the picture, is Daddy holding daughter behind the enormous boulder. Just to give you an idea of the massive size of the bridge and stuff compared to very tall Daddy and little daughter.
A couple of shots taken in the cavern by Grandma. I especially love the one below, she is definitely Daddy's girl (note the similar pose and hand gesture). Love It!
The group at the observation deck with the bridge in the background. Another hiker graciously offered to take the picture. We borrowed the "kid backpack" from my brother-in-law's family. We had seen their youngest in it on one of their blogs about hiking. We were so grateful for it, otherwise it would have been Mommy and son at the top waiting for everyone to hike down and back. Thanks SO Much!(You know who you are ;)
Another quick group shot crossing the man-made bridge to get to the observation deck with the beautiful river that flows through the Natural Bridge.
Hahaha...the beginning of the trail.
The view of the spring that creates a little waterfall over the bridge, from the observation deck below. Awesome!
Finally, the Natural Bridge itself. You really need to see it for yourself, it is HUGE! Check out the website, http://azstateparks.com/Parks/TONA/index.html. It was supposed to be closed but was reopened for certain weekends with the help of volunteers from Payson. I am glad too, we might never have gotten to see this. It was a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. We went here on Saturday while we were in Arizona, and it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life! I took a billion pictures and I'll never forget what I saw there. I'm gad you guys got to go.

    ReplyDelete