So this is the Friday before Father's Day. My husbands sister and family came to town from Texas. We all got together minus the brother who lives in Utah at the Aunties house-all of her kids came to visit as well. It was a mini reunion and lots of fun. My kids had already been swimming for a while and got out before everyone got there. As you can see by the sky, it wasn't the normal sunny AZ day, it was cloudy and even rained a bit. So, we brought a soccer ball and started to play with that.
My son's new face. I especially love it when he is crawling, he will get up on his knees, smile, close his eyes and reach for me and if I don't catch him or am farther away than he thought he falls forward.....he is so funny!

Cousins playing after swimming. They are 7months apart and so cute together, it makes me wish they lived here, the girls would be great friends.

My son had to have surgery this past Tuesday to correct a birth abnormality. It was a very stressful time for us. This is his cute hospital gown at Phoenix Children's Surgery Center. The staff was awesome. It was very hard to leave my baby in the care of these doctors knowing what was going to happen, just because he wasn't with me. I was very nervous. He had a blessing before hand and I had no doubt he would be fine.

If I thought too much about it though, I started to over-analyze based on what I had learned as a C.N.A and then start to freak out. I surprised myself and wasn't a blubbering mess that day as I had expected I would be. I guess Mommy-mode set-in and my focus was all about getting him home, taking care of him and being strong for him. He has recovered quite well. He has been allowed to crawl around and play these past few days. He has needed extra love, hugs and holding from Momma and Daddy but he is getting back to himself. I am so happy to have my little boy and so glad he is healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment