Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recovering...

It has been quite a weekend. Let me start in the middle of last week. We had our Primary Presidency meeting on Wednesday night where we all got released. A couple of weeks prior to this, a ward was dissolved into 2 other wards. I had been through this kind of thing when I was in high school and knew that an integration would need to be made in the auxiliary presidencies. So, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop-as it were-and it did. I wasn't surprised, but it did come rather quickly. The now former Primary President whom I was the 2nd Counselor for was due to have her second child and the Bishop had to decide to make the change before or after she returned. Obviously it was before. And the former President had her daughter yesterday morning and everything went well I understand. I am going to see them this afternoon. Anyways, so the change came quickly and I was lucky to have the distraction of going on a trip with my son and sister, otherwise I think it would have been quite a sad weekend for me. I enjoyed Primary and we finally felt like we had a handle on things, we even got the closets fully cleaned and organized, just a week before we were released.

So, my trip. The original plan was that my family, husband, kids and I, were to be traveling to Salt Lake City to visit family last week, however, my husband had a major project due for school that we luckily found out about 2 weeks beforehand. Unfortunately we had to cancel. We were lucky to cancel when we did, instead of last minute due to road closures on the route we had planned on taking. My sister had emailed me about taking a crazy trip by herself to Camp Pendleton, CA to deliver her boyfriends van to him so that he could make more frequent visits back to AZ. My sister is 18 and can do what she wants within reason. After reading this email I started playing with the idea of going with her. My husband thought she had asked me to, which wasn't the case. I was just so excited about our planned road trip and very ready for one that I was trying to find a way that would make sense for either me to go with my sister or our little family to take one at another time. My husband recognized this and told me that I should take the baby and go. So, I packed us up and off we went on my sons first road trip to San Diego. We stayed with a cousin who had a wonderful house and helped us do some very fun things. We went to Sea World, Seaport Village and did lots of napping. We left on Friday and returned on Monday so there was only enough time to do those 2 big things. The rest of the time was giving my 6 month old son time on the floor to roll around and play, otherwise he was going to hate me on the trip home. Luckily I had my sister with me for the trip homebound and she helped keep him content when he wasn't sleeping. That is the extent of our weekend. My son and I were welcomed home with a big hugs and kisses, a nice lunch and a nap-we were home by 2:30pm-and we have been trying to get back to normal. I haven't felt much like posting because I feel I am still recovering, but I figured I had better get to it soon. It was fun and I was glad to have the chance to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post a comment the other day, but it wouldn't let me :). I'm glad you're back and that the trip went well. Sorry you didn't get to go to Utah, but I'm sure it will work out soon enough :). I'm glad Joseph did well for you, that makes the trip easier at least!

    ReplyDelete