My kids have only ever experienced rain in Arizona. That consists of the occasional fall/winter rain storm and the summer monsoons. As a young kid, I had my share of "regular" rain when my family lived in the Bay Area. Right now I am listening to a beautiful thunderstorm outside. We have cold rain falling, lightning and thunder. I have had the occasional thought of my kids are going to wake up because of it...those monsoon storms have definitely trained them. Monsoons come on quickly, are super loud, cause lots of noise and destruction and my kids can sleep through it. I have no idea why I would think they would be bothered by a little thunderstorm up here, lol.
We have officially hit our last week of summer which is equally as weird to say since we would have been in school for almost a month if we were back in Phoenix. It is crunch time! This week we are trying to get back on to a schedule, get all the kids new school clothes washed, any last minute supplies picked up, etc. It is almost our last first day of kindergarten. Our youngest will be starting school with the big kids this year. I am half excited for her and also very anxious. I hope she loves it. I hope that by having everyone going to the same school it makes it a little easier for her. It definitely makes it easier on me knowing that she will have her siblings there to make sure she gets on the bus at the end of the day. That is another thing, we have never had to do the whole bus thing. We have been walking to school since our oldest started school. Again, another reason I am glad they are all going to the same school.
It is interesting to be starting this stage of our lives. All of our children in school at the same time, everyone growing up and finding who they are and want to be. When we were young and in the middle of lots of littles and mountains of diapers, you feel like this stage is so far away and yet here it is. It will go faster now and I will blink and ask where the time has gone. I am excited to see where these years and new experiences will take us.
No comments:
Post a Comment