Friday, June 17, 2011

Summertime

Well it's June and I have skipped another month right over.  It has been rather busy.  I am still in school and doing great!  I am proud to say I have all A's!  For those of you who don't know, my classes are online, last only 5weeks each and consist mostly of writing papers versus tests.  I am doing alright and consistently surprised by my grades.  The confidence is just never there when I finish a paper and I am always prepared to just get whatever grade but I have been pretty good. 
  I also have acquired a brother-in-law and sister-in-law and there are already pregnancies.  Very exciting for me because through my husband's side of the family I am already an Aunt but on my side it will be the first time I am an Aunt.
    My husband is determining what he wants his Master's degree to be in and I think he has decided.  Now just to get all the stuff together for him to get started.  It will be exciting and different to have us both in school.  I am really excited for him and I think he made a great decision! 
  We are getting ready for some fun stuff this summer.  We made the trip to Central over Memorial day and got the traditional pictures we like to take.  We have also been participating in the summer movie program, the kids love it!  We have our first summer trip to San Diego for some beach time.  We will be staying with a generous cousin there and were able to get my siblings to come as well so it will be a great mini-reunion.  Then we have swim lessons at the end of July and the birthday for our Princess.  I cannot believe she is already 5!  We have been practicing (albeit inconsistently, my bad) on her writing and reading and even having Buddy start on his shapes and letters with some writing and other things mixed in.  Princess is getting good and even did some reading by herself yesterday.  After her birthday it's the family reunion for my husband's side of the family.  We are camping for that and looking forward to it.  We are taking the puppy on the trip as well and should be a fun experience for all of us.  Then it's time for the First day of SCHOOL!!! Oh my goodness, I am not ready to send my Princess to school all day, she is ready but Mommy is not!  It will be great, especially if I keep telling myself that it will ;) 
   Bruiser keeps tempting his fate and trying to start walking.  He has got the walking side to side of the couch thing down.  He has even attempted to let go of the coffee table and reach/fall towards the couch.  Not too many falls with that one but just more proof that he will be my early walker. 
  Before school starts it will by Buddy's 3rd birthday.  He is so big for only 3!  After a couple months of school passes then it will be Bruiser's 1st birthday!  We have all sorts of family birthdays within the next 6 months as well, just too many to list (but I do have a list, LOL).
  So as busy as things are, it is going to get much busier with the start of school again.  It is going to be a great learning experience for everyone.  We are so proud and blessed to have our children and looking forward to the adventures in our future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment