So my husband told me I haven't actually blogged recently, just put up pictures. I thought I would do some before life gets really crazy. Like the title says, I am impatiently waiting for our little one to join our family. Don't get me wrong, I want him/her to stay in there until the scheduled c-section date so that baby can get all the development needed before entering this world, but not knowing the gender has made a HUGE difference this time. I don't know if baby is a boy or girl and therefore any actual planning/extra excitement is kinda lacking and/or frustrating. My mom recently asked me if there is anything I need or want for the new baby and my answer was, I won't know until I have the baby. I mean, to my husband's chagrin, I did pull out the BIG box of my daughters baby clothes to organize and weed any out that were no longer usable and put them in nice organized bins (they were in outside storage in a giant carseat box). But, I didn't wash anything yet. How can I? I mean granted I would probably only have to wash the first box of really little stuff, but that is a lot of clothes. We bought a cute new outfit to take baby home in, one for each gender and that will get washed as well as receiving blankets and burp cloths and the sheets to the bassinet. I figure though, I am going to be in the hospital for 4 days, the baby will be fine in onesies and the gender neutral pajamas that we already have, anything other than that is presumptuous. I do have feelings of what baby might be, but I am excited just to be having the 3rd baby so speculation is silly.
The kids are doing great. My son will come up to me, want to see my baby belly and tell the baby to come out. I tell him a couple more weeks even though he doesn't understand. He is showing great helper skills, just like his sister did before he came, so I know he will be a great big brother and love the new baby. He is pretty clingy lately and I wonder if it is because he can sense the change coming, which is good. He will have to go without Mommy being readily available for a week and that will change him a little. My daughter went through the same thing, although it was more unexpected. This time around I am expecting the change, but I am comforted because my kids have each other. And we have set it up so that Daddy is home every night with them to keep their routine somewhat normal, accept for the first night. I am looking forward to their excitement every day that they get to come visit Mommy and baby at the hospital and then phone calls and maybe webcam calls when they can't be with me. It is amazing to me how much I get sad about leaving my family to have the new one. I am SUPER excited about the new baby, but equally sad about leaving my oldest two. It is so silly. When I had my son 2 yrs ago, I sobbed the whole way to the hospital because I had never been away from my daughter in her whole 2yrs of life and I am fully prepared, if not already sad about doing the same thing to my son. Like I said, it's silly because this time around they have each other and as the first day is going to be somewhat hectic for all of us, the end result will be WONDERFUL!!! They are great kids and I worry too much, they probably won't even notice most of the day because they will be having fun with the family that is helping us by caring for them that day.
My husband took some overtime this week because it was a good opportunity to have a little extra when the baby comes, dang insurance deductibles. It will be some nice checks next month. He has been great and really picking up the slack. What has been cute is because he was working overtime and the kids didn't see him as much this week, they really have been all over him once he gets home. They really miss their Daddy-time and even though he was super tired, he let them climb all over him. He even told them that they are what gets him through his day. It makes anything I deal with during the day seem less stressful to see them run to the door to greet him when he gets home and to see how much he changes to hug and hold them when he gets home. I am truly blessed to be a wife and mother, to have a family, there is NOTHING GREATER in this world!
So as I impatiently await the arrival of our newest baby, I will be enjoying the time left where it's just the 4 of us.
You're almost there! I can't wait to know what it is and what you're naming him/her! So exciting and so close now! I couldn't handle the suspense of not knowing!
ReplyDelete