Friday, May 28, 2010

That Age

Both of my kids are in cool stages right now.  My son is in his terrible 2's and as fun as that is NOT, he is also in the stage of copying his big sister and thinking/knowing he is funny.  He will come around and do things that he knows will make you laugh. For instance, my husband in playing with them sometimes will hang the kids upside down behind his back and we play, "where's my son?"  To which my son begins to laugh and Daddy pulls him back up and we all say, "There he is."  For Easter, my son got a small stuffed Buzz Lightyear toy, which he loves.  The other day he came to me with Buzz upside down and said, "Where's Buzz?"  So, I said, "I don't know, where is Buzz?"  He flipped Buzz right side up and exclaimed, "There he is!"  It was SO Funny!

My daughter has reached the imaginary stage, not that she has an imaginary friend, why would she need that when she can make her brother do what she wants. LOL.  But really, we used to ask her what the names of her stuffed dog was and she would say his name was Dog.  But now, she goes around pretending that she is Violet from the Incredibles and that her brother is Dash, or Astrogirl because she is not a boy like in the movie.  And they will play and her brother doesn't understand but thinks it's fun and follows her around.  They both even pretended that they were playing with Mater and Lightning McQueen the other day and made Daddy and I say Hi to them.  She would come in and ask us where Mater was.  I have to attribute this to being in preschool this year.  She has learned so much and opened her mind to things Mommy could have taught her at home by herself, but the interaction with her friends at school could not compare.  Her imagination has expanded and anything is possible.  Reading to them doesn't seem to be so difficult anymore because she is not bored in the first 2 minutes.  Now, she wants to hear the story and I am so glad because Mommy loves to read, when she can, HAHAHA.

This summer is going to be full of some fun things. Both of the kids are signed up for swim lessons.  We are going to do the summer movie thing with some friends, we have our daily chart inspired by Supernanny that includes reading time, craft time, etc.  I have decided that each craft time is also going to be a mini-lesson on something at least my daughter is old enough to learn and understand a little more like street safety and no talking to strangers and she is going to help her brother learn his colors and animals.  I am excited this year, I have kinda waited to start everything until next week just because this week was so full already.  I also plan to take the kids to the library and get some fun books to read.  It is going to be fun busy and that means it won't feel so long as I get bigger with this pregnancy.  Full summer but so excited to be doing some fun and hopefully educational stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I just loved it when my kids got to that sort of age! They are cute and smart and entertaining in a whole new way :). It makes it even better to be a mom! I hope your summer stays fun and that you enjoy all the time with them while they are still little (the down side, they do grow up too fast)!

    ReplyDelete